Coombe House Liskeard is a five minute walk from Coombe railway station, or a thirty minute walk from the centre of the town. Public transport covers the whole of the town, with a good bus, taxi and rail service. Looe is half an hour away, with Bodmin moor a taxi or bus journey from the home.
Liskeard is a thriving market town in the heart of South East Cornwall. The centre of the town is populated with a range of shops, from individual arts and books stores to fashion retailers. Major chains are represented with national chemists and supermarkets, while an out of town shopping centre includes the usual and recognisable brands.
An active town museum is worth a visit, and the tourist information centre has information on lots to do and explore in the area. Close to the beauty of Bodmin moor and a short car journey to the coast, Liskeard is a hub for South East Cornwall.
All the major religions are catered for in the town, with St Martin’s Church, (1428) the focal point of the town’s landscape.
The cities of Truro and Plymouth are easily reachable by train or bus, with Liskeard served well by public transport and being just off the major A38 trunk road.View Larger Map
To get to Coombe House from Liskeard
- From the centre of Liskeard follow all the signs to the Railway Station.
- Once you have passed the station follow the road for two hunder yards, towards St Keyne, until you come to a sharp left hand corner.
- Turn right on this left hand bend, and go down Lamellion Hill.
- You will pass the Pencubitt guest house clearly signed on your right.
- Follow the road down the lane for about a quarter of a mile until you come to a left turn surrounded by some houses.
- Follow this lane for another quarter of a mile and you will come to a right hand turn leading to a level crossing. A sign to Coombe House is positioned on the junction.
- Please remember to telephone the signal box before crossing. Simply use the phone provided to ask if it’s “OK to cross at Coombe”, so you know there are no trains coming. The phone’s located in the small yellow box with a white sticker, both sides of the tracks. Simply lift the handset and you should hear the phone at the other end ringing.
- Please also make sure you close all gates on your arrival and departure.